" Frozen Fairytale: Failed face cane

Friday, March 1, 2013

Failed face cane

Creating a face cane from polymer clay takes a lot of time, effort, patience and a LOT of clay. When beginning my endeavor in creating my first face cane, I thought it would be a breeze! The further I moved along the more I realized the small amount of polymer clay I had, just didn't seem like enough. After what must have been 3-4 bricks of polymer clay I had finished. I should have took a picture of it before I began the process of shrinking it. I placed the cane in the freezer for about 20 minutes before creating the first cut. 

I was pretty horrified that the beautiful face I had first made turned into this clown person with weird eyebrows and no eyeballs. 
I collected myself and debated on the two possibilities that lay before me. I could mix all the colors together and just deal with a multicolored mess of clay, or I could use this to my advantage. So I began with using it as a background color to my works. 

Then I created my favorite earrings (which I chose not to sell and now wear)

Seems that in the end, it may not have been such a failed cane after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...